Since we’re still recovering from JACON 2008 and need to get some recording done before we continue with the Big Month of Mark Dacascos, here is my convention report for the spectacular Anime Weekend Atlanta 2007, held at the Renaissance Waverly in Atlanta, Georgia last September 21 – 23.
CLICK HERE to download it.
These are a few souvenirs from my convention going experience.
- A is my regular admittance badge, which I bought when I thought I wasn’t getting a press badge.
- B is my press badge. Notice my hand-written authority.
- C is an invite for Carl Horn’s illustrious room party, themed in celebration of the 20th anniversary of Royal Space Force.
- D is an invite for Desloktoberfest, an equally illustrious room party, themed after LOLBlazers.
- E is Tim Eldred’s business card. The private info has been removed to protect the innocent.
- F is my business card. The private info is intact except for my phone number, because I don’t want the Internet prank-yanking me.
Below are a series of links relating to my con-experience.
- Ninja Consultants Show #54: In which we hijack the AWO panel. Mwa ha ha.
- Anime World Order’s Anime Weekend Atlanta 2007 Con Report.
- Anime World Order Show # 64 A and B. Two part interview w / Rob Fenelon and Walter Amos.
- Anime World Order’s Interview with Helen McCarthy. (That’s my mixer.)
- Anime World Order’s Interview with Noboru Ishiguro. (Also my mixer.)
- OtakuUSA Magazine. The February 2008 issue features Tim Eldred’s interview w / Mr. Ishiguro.
- Tim Eldred’s Home Page. Buy Grease Monkey!
- Anime Weekend Atlanta’s Homepage.
Anime Weekend Atlanta: Umetsu-tested, Gooberzilla-approved.
More like Gooberzilla-tested, Umetsu-approved; consider that the position they are in is what professionals refer to as “standing doggy style,” and Luna is presumably 14 to 16.
Thanks for the shout-outs, dude! I had a great time, too!
Is anyone else being redirected to a different site when they try to download the con report?
You do have a ukulele. My wires are never crossed. I’m not helping that turtle lying on its back, belly baking in the sun.
Something weird is going on with my web-hosting. I’m going to call them tomorrow and find out what the hell is going on.
That’s from not payin’ the bill, that’s what that’s all about. You’re too busy stalking Daryl Surat. We saw the pictures!
I didn’t know your Middle name was Thomas. On another note, why when I go the forums do I get a message about robots?
That message is PT’s subtle way of letting you know that deep down, he accepts in his heart that The Cage did a better job at finding El Dorado than JOOOOOOOOONES did. He may not be able to say this with words, but he went there. HE WENT THERE.
The forums are no more. Sorry. I think they were part of the reason that the site was compromised.
No more forums? Nooooooes
Why did such a thing have to die so young? A tragedy has draken this day. We must find who created this disaster and visit a thousand tortures on them.
No more Forum? Say it ain’t so!!
I know they were on life support, but I didn’t think they were dead yet.
Mr. Chapman, you have one weird looking thumb there.
No forums?? *sniff sniff* 😦