Regardless of Skeletor’s sexual confusion,
Masters of the Universe is the Greatest Movie EVER.
10 Minutes, 31 Seconds In:
Man-at-Arms and Teela, grizzled `76ers line-backer and PETA Activist, respectively.
11 Minutes, 27 Seconds In:
Meg Foster as Evil-Lynn. She’s an uber-hotty.
21 Minutes, 25 Seconds In:
Skeletor in his Sunday-lounge-around-the-throneroom threads.
Ziggy played guit-a-a-a-ar!
Orco is the Lame Sauce.
You know if you wait to the end of the credits yyou are treated to Skeletor implying a sequel. Alas much like Mac and Me I don’t think it’s ever going to come about.
I screwed up the RSS feed. I’m going to have to repair the whole thing manually. Hopefully, I’ll have it up again sometime tomorrow. Many apologees for the inconwenience.
Random thoughs before listening, based on memories. Yes, I paid money and saw this in a theater back in the day!
1. Teela was smoking hot too. I mean, damn.
2. Many jokes were made about Skeletor’s lack of lips, usually involving Evil-Lyn’s metal breastplate and cold temps.
3. As insane and impractical as it may be, the idea of a lever-action LASER is AWESOME!
4. Billy Barty. Why god why? We lose Orco for THAT?
5. I remember hearing/reading long ago that the movie we know as ‘Cyborg’ was originally the script for MotU 2. Can’t help but think maybe the story was more ‘the budget and location time was for MotU 2 but the script approval fell thru so to not lose money they just made Cyborg’ or something.
something actually thoughtful later, maybe.
[comic book guy] Actually, the cartoon series was animated by Filmation, NOT Hanna-Barbera.
[/comic book guy]
I stand corrected about the Filmation thing. This is what happens when memory doesn’t serve. (^_^)
Also, the RSS file is fixed. It should be working hunky-dory now.
Great episode, guys!
I was nuts for He-Man when I was a kid, and nuts for this movie. I’m still nuts for it. Yet, somehow, the most memorable thing I take from it is Gwildor savaging a bucket of fried chicken and drinking packets of BBQ sauce.