The Greatest Movie EVER!

Hold onto your NASA hats, because

Flight of the Navigator is the Greatest Movie EVER!

This movie contains:

Ooooh, a flying sesame seed!

Space-faring Bicycle Helmets.

Pee Wee Herman?

Alien Weirdos.

Pouty pouty pouty.

Precocious Children.

Dr. Johnny Fever.

She's a cutey.

Sarah Jessica Parker. We think she’s cute here, darn it!



It’s a Fast Karate RealDoll Convention! WA-CHA!


  1. Sam A. says:

    Summer Glau?

  2. Sam A. says:

    Damn, broke Rambo’s Law on that one.

  3. Pazuzu says:

    I think the other Twisted Sister reference was in Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, right? Didn’t he ride his bike through the set filming “You’re Gonna Burn in Hell”? And now I have that song in my head. Don’t you lay no evil down on me….

  4. Alex says:

    The 10% thing is a myth – I was taught this when I still studied psychology at university, which is so very, very long ago – so I can’t remember the details (even when using all 100% of my brain), so here’s an article in British paper The Guardian that talks about it:

    [i]”That 10% figure was invented in the 30s by ad men in America selling self-help pamphlets. “Scientists say you only use one-tenth of your brain,” the ads said. “Wake up to your true potential.”

    How can we be sure that Geller is not even 10% right about the brain? For one, commonsense: never has a doctor said, “You’ll be fine.The bullet is lodged in the 90% part of the brain you don’t use.” Biologically, any part of the body will deteriorate without use. Legs shrivel in a cast, and neurons in the brain die as a result of diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. And if you want proof in pictures, modern scans all show that the entire brain is active.”[/i],,847946,00.html

  5. Keith says:

    Isn’t the vast majority of the brain occupied with the small task of keeping your body running? If increasing my ability to think more about Masamune Shirow means I have to devote to that the part of my brain that would otherwise spend its time telling my heart to beat, I can probably deal with not knowing more about what the hell Shirow means.

  6. DensityDuck says:

    Oh jeez, I forgot the 1980s fashions in this one…

  7. DensityDuck says:

    10%–it’s not that you only EVER use 10%, it’s that you only use 10% at one time, but it’s always a different 10%. I have hammers and screwdrivers and pliers in my toolbox, but I only use one at a time; but I don’t say that I “only use 33% of the tools I own”.

  8. dan says:

    i was having too much trouble speaking in general to even get into the 10% thing. which reminds me, i have a request: NO MORE DAN

  9. Eduardo M. says:

    The actor who played Dr Johnny Fever in WKRP in Cicinnati and played the NASA scientist in this movie is Howard Hessmen. Around the time of this movie he was also in the tv show Head of the Class. he can currently be seen appearing as a judge in Boston Legal.

  10. You guys didn’t talk about the Coke joke? That’s one thing that dates the movie more than anything else–that they rattle off New Coke and Chery Coke

  11. Ford Prefect says:

    Actually we do only use 10% of our brain the other 90% is used for storing penguins.

  12. Ian says:

    Good job alligator. I’m looking forward to listening to this one.

  13. Erwin says:

    I remember watching this movie when on a slow Saturday afternoon. It was great.

  14. Eeeper says:

    I love how two completely strangers approach David’s parents home after he has been tracked heading home and say

    “Mr Freeman, Dr. Faraday has requested that you remain in your home!”

    “”OK, unidentified man. We’ll just stay in here and cook s’mores, while you come in and smile at us menacingly.”

  15. Tom says:

    Wow, Sarah Jessica Park doesn’t look as much like a horse in this one. I’d completley forgot she was in it…

  16. Keith says:

    Wait — the world doesn’t remember Howard Hessman purely as “the stoned improv acting teacher at the experimental Freedom School attended by the hippies in Billy Jack“???

  17. Chris Sobieniak says:

    “You’re The One That I Want” is heard as they’re in the car after dropping off the younger brother at a friend’s house.

    Bothering to update the comment section, I’ve heard someplace of someone wanting to do a remake of Flight of the Navigator soon. Given the 8 years bit from the first film, I’m not sure how I would feel like a kid from ’04 getting stuck in 2012 without much change as it may’ve been from 1978 to ’86 (or at least to me anyway since I hardly missed much in the last decade).

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s